Calling on ALL learning (intellectual) disability nurses to participate in an RCN Foundation funded research project.
The RCN Foundation is funding a study which aims to identify nursing led and or nursing centred interventions undertaken by learning (intellectual) disability nurses to address the changing needs of people with learning (intellectual) disabilities across the lifespan and in all settings. The research will make explicit what learning (intellectual) disability nurses do. This research will also highlight areas of further research investment in nursing interventions and innovations that will further improve patient care for people with learning (intellectual) disabilities.
We are requesting all registered learning (intellectual) disability nurses to participate in a survey to further develop this work. The survey takes 20-30 minutes to complete.
To complete the survey, click here. Alternatively copy and paste this link into your internet browser: https://uwl.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/understanding-the-contribution-of-intellectual-disability
Please forward this e-mail to as many colleagues as you possibly can.
If you have any questions please contact Professor Kay Mafuba: email@example.com.
Title of Study
Understanding the contribution of nurses to improving the health and well-being of children, adults and older people with learning (intellectual) disabilities, now and for the future.
- Professor Kay Mafuba (Principal Investigator), University of West London
- Dr Marc Foster, University of West London
- Dr Hazel Chapman, University of Chester
- Dr Joann Kiernan, Edge Hill University and Nurse Consultant, Alder Hey Hospital
- Rebecca Chester MBE, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust & & Chair United Kingdom Intellectual Disability Consultant Nurse Network
- Dorothy Kupara, University of West London
- Chiedza Kudita, University of West London
Professor K. Mafuba PhD; SEDA-PDF; MA; PGCertResearch; FellowHEA; PGCertLTHE; BA; RNT; RNLD; DipHE
Professor of Nursing
College of Nursing, Midwifery & Healthcare
University of West London
Boston Manor Road
Middlesex TW8 9GA