Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEKSS) have a workforce event on the 9th of July 2014 and they would like to invite providers of Intellectual disability (ID) care who employ registered learning disability nurses (RNLD) to attend.
Background to event
During the recent months HEKSS have been looking at workforce development within the Intellectual Disabilities Workforce, with the overall aim to create a sustainable and secure workforce supply.
One of the outcomes from this project has been to highlight that independent, third sector providers of NHS care are now the largest employers of the Intellectual Disabilities Workforce across Kent, Surrey and Sussex (KSS).
Historically workforce and education commissioning has been NHS driven and we would like to develop this further to give a voice to all providers of NHS funded care.
The final report re ID workforce has not yet been published; but the findings from the scoping project can be found at www.idhekss.wordpress.com
In July HEKSS will be looking to bring together the intellectual disability workforce providers to discuss some of the below points in more detail and gain an aggregated view of some options going forward:
- How many Learning Disability Nurses (RNLD) do you currently employ?
- How many General Nurses (RGN) do you currently employ?
- Are you looking to grow or decrease this figure in the next 5 years, if so by how much per year?
- How many education commissions would you like to request?
- What placement capacity do you have to support RNLD training?
- Do newly qualified Learning Disabilities Nurses have the right skills and knowledge for your workforce?
- What skills do the workforce need and what might their future needs be?
- Are learning disability nurses the primary workforce requirement or are specific skills needed to support “other” workforce?
- Do you have a sufficient supply of Learning Disability Nurses to meet your needs?
Who should Attend:
- HR/ Organisational Development Directors
- Service Commissioners
- Workforce Planners
- Learning and Development Leads
- Medical Education Managers
- Practice Education Facilitator
Click here to download the flyer
If you are an employer of RNLD’s and would like to attend the event and join the discussions in the ID employer workshop please get in touch.
For more details either contact George.email@example.com or to register your interest directly please contact HEKSS on the following email firstname.lastname@example.org